What is Soft Tissue Surgery?
Soft tissue surgery is surgery on any body part that does not include bones/joints, heart or nervous system. Below is a list of common soft tissue surgery and reasons they may be performed:
- Gastrointestinal surgery – to remove foreign objects or diseased parts of the intestine.
- Bladder surgery – to remove stones or polyps
- Liver surgery – to remove masses or diseased lobes
- Spleen surgery – to remove diseased spleens or masses
- Spay and Neuter – to remove unwanted/needed sex organs
- Lumpectomy – to remove masses or growths
Surgery at Silver Heights Veterinary Hospital
Our veterinarians at Silver Heights Veterinary Hospital understand that having your pet go through surgery is an overwhelming time. Please feel free to visit our surgical room and ask us any questions about your pet’s procedure. Our goal is for you to be well informed and comfortable with every procedure that has been recommended for your pet. Our veterinarians perform routine spay and neuter surgeries, pet dental procedures, soft tissue and other complex surgeries.
Many other soft tissue procedures are available and may be discussed with our veterinarian.